Tuesday, March 29, 2011

(b) Small talk

Expressing your state of health.
Fine!
I'm fine.
I'm cool.
Keeping cool.
Dandy. (info)
Fine and dandy.
Great.
O key.
All right.
I have nothing to complaint about.

Telling how you have been doing.
Keeping busy.
Keeping myself busy.
Been keeping my nose clean. (info)

Telling how you have been doing- neutral.
Fair to middling.
Same as always.
Same as usual.

Telling how you have been doing- negative.
Not good.
Not so good.
Not too hot.
None too hot.
Not great.
Not so great.
None too great.
Crummy.
Kind of crummy.
Lousy.
I have seen better days.
I've had better days.

Explaining  you have been busy.
I'm busy.
Keeping busy.
Keeping myself busy.
Been keeping myself busy.

Inviting a friend for a drink or coffee.
Do you have any time.
Would you like to have drink?
Let's go for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment