Monday, April 4, 2011

(D, 1) Complex matters


Expressing support for someone.
I’ll stand by you.
I’m standing behind you.
You can put your trust in me.
You can put your faith in me.

Offer help to someone.
I’m here if you need me.
I’m here for you.
I’ll take the rap.

Expressing trust in someone.
I’ve faith in you.
I’ve the utmost faith in you.
I confidence in you.

Expressing encouragement
Stay at it.
Go for it.
Give it a try.
Hang in there. (info)
Hang tough.
Stick it out.

Encouraging someone to stop stalling and do something.
Let’s see some action. (info)
It’s now or never.
Are you just going to sit there?
Aren’t you going to do anything?

Expressing dissatisfaction with someone’s effort.
It’s not up to snuff.
Is that all?
Once more with feeling.

Asking someone to wait.
Wait.
Wait a moment.
Wait a minute.
Just a second.
Hold your pants on. (info)
Wait a bit.

Encouraging someone to be patient and take things.
Take things as they come.
Take it as it comes.
Take it one day at a time.
Take things one day at a time.

Encouraging someone to be prudent- cliches.
Don’t jump the gun.
Don’t go off half-cocked.
Don’t go chomping at the bit.
Don’t put the cart before the horse.
Don’t get ahead of yourself.

Giving advice someone whose life is too busy.
You can’t please everybody.
You are taking on too much.
You’re doing too much.
You’re trying to do too much.
You are overdoing it.
You need to set your priorities.

Giving instruction to someone you’ve lent something to.
Take good care of it.
Bring it back in one.


No comments:

Post a Comment