Saturday, April 2, 2011

(G) Disagreeing.


Stating simple disagreement or refusal.
No.
Not a chance.
Not!
I don’t think so.

Stating categorical disagreement.
Wrong!
You’re wrong.
You’re dead wrong.
You’re off.
You’re way off base.

Stating strong disagreement.
That’s a lot of bull. 
That’s a lot of baloney.
That’s a bunch of baloney.
That’s a bunch of malarkey.
Lies!
That’s a lie.
That’s a big, fat lie. (info)
You’re lying through your teeth.
Look me in the eye and say that.

Stating your disagreement with a proposition.
That’s out of the question.
That’s unthinkable.
I’ll give that all the consideration it’s due.

Expressing rejection.
I can’t stand it.
I hate it.
SI don’t care for it.
I don’t like it.
It’s ugly.
It’s dreadful.
It’s hell on earth. (info)
I don’t get it.
I can’t do it.

Expressing refusal.
No.
No, sir.
No, sire.
Sorry.
Nothing doing.
You’re out of luck.
Not likely.
Save your breath.
Not in a million years.
Not for a million dollars.
You couldn’t pay me to do it.
Not in your wildest dreams.
You wish.
Damned if I will.
Like hell.
You’re S.O.L.

Stating that someone is wrong.
What are you talking about?
You don’t have leg to stand on.
You haven’t a leg to stand on.
You’re really stretching the truth.
You can lay that notion to rest.

Arguing about the facts.
You’ve got it all wrong.
You’ve got your facts wrong.
You haven’t got the facts.
You haven’t got the facts right.
Next time get the facts straight. (info)
Next time get the facts first. (info)
Don’t jump to conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment