Wednesday, April 6, 2011

(F) Discussion and resolution

Encouraging an explanation.
I didn't get that.
I didn't here you.

When you don't understand someone.
I don't see what you are getting at.
I don't get you.
I don't follow you.
I 'm not sure I follow you.
I'm not sure i get your pint.

When someone doesn't understand.
That's not what meant.
I didn't say that.I said not such thing.
I didn't mean to imply that.

Criticizing someones misunderstanding.
 Listen to me.
Open your ear. (info)
Get the wax out of your ears. (info)
You've got it wrong.
you've got it all wrong.
You've got me wrong.
You've twisted my words.

Attempting to put an end to an misunderstanding.
let me rephrase that.
Let me clarify that.
Allow me to clarify.
Let me make myself clear.

Encouraging someone to believe you.
Truly.
That's the truth.
That's the honest truth.
I swear on my mother's grave.(info)
I swear to God.
That's the gospel truth. (info)

Asking to be trusted.
You've my words on this.
I give my words.
I give you my word of honor.
On my honor.
Don't be such a doubting Thamas.

Stating that something is settled.
It's locked up.
It's sewn up.
It's sure thing.
It's for sure.
It's certain.It's in the bag.
It's a done load.It's as good as done.

Claiming that something is easy to understand.
It's as plain as day.
It's as clear as day.
Any fool can see it. (info)

Showing disbelief.
You can't fool me.
You can't pull the wool over my  eyes.
I wasn't born yesterday.

Expressing ignorance.
I don't know.
I don't know and I don't care.
I don't have a clue.
I don't have the fan-test idea.
Haven't the foggiest.
I give up. (info)

Expressing reluctance.
I'm afraid so.
Not in a million years.
Over my dead body. (info)



No comments:

Post a Comment